Getting Help With Printers
Printers sometimes just stop working. Sometimes the reasons are valid, but sometimes it just doesn’t make any sense.
To put your mind at ease, we found troubleshooting guides. Find links to these guides at the end of the page.
Here are a few things you can quickly do yourself. Hopefully you know your way around your PC.
- Is the printer visible? If not, try rebooting your PC
- Still not visible. Are you connected to the network or via USB? (Check cabling)
- Still not visible. Try reload drivers. (Try a test print after loading)
- Still not printing? Go to Control panel > System and Security > Administrative tools > Services > Scroll down to the print spooler > Stop and restart the print spooler. (try print now)
- This was supposed to be a quick list, so I am ending here.
Not interested in wasting time? No Problem. Fill in the form and we’ll come help you.
Still want to troubleshoot on your own? Check for your printer and click on the link for the relevant troubleshooting guide.
Here is a basic guide for general printer troubleshooting: General Printer Troubleshooting guide.
Back to Gauteng IT Services