What’s Digital Signage?
Digital Signage is everywhere. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from. You’ve probably seen a digital sign today that was playing some kind of content for the purpose of educating you and bringing a new product or service to your attention.
No matter where you go, they’re there:
- At the doctor, dentist, optometrist, vet, mechanic
- In the mall, shops, tyre replacement specialists, auto parts store
- At the train station, bus terminal, airport, travel agent, car rental service
- At the club, tennis court, stadium, concert, movies, casino
Digital Signage is simply a Digital Display screen, or multiple LCD/LED Screens that play content. This content is created by digital content designers and at times can include a number of different formats such as:
- Financial Data Feeds
- Visual Displays
- Social Media Feeds
- News Feeds
- Weather Data
- Sensory Equipment Data
- CCTV Footage
This is just a handful of formats. There are many more.
What Does a Digital Signage System Comprise Of?
There are five main components of any digital signage unit. These are the cloud service, the router, the media player, the screens and the brackets.
Here are the Components Broken down in Order:
- The Cloud or Web Service hosting the content
- The internet connection allowing a media player to connect to the Cloud or Web Service Provider
- The media player itself that plays the content
- Digital screens in the form of LCD or LED, Paper thin displays to display the content
- Brackets or stands to support or contain the Digital Signage systems
- HDMI Cables, Network Cables, Power cords, power adapters
Setup of signage is relatively quick. A simple three screen setup can be done by one person in 1 to 2 hours. The larger the install, and the more complicated it is, the longer it takes. The more people involved, the quicker it goes.
Why Use Digital Signage?
If you run a business, you obviously need to market whatever you sell. If people don’t know what you have on offer, or what specials are running, they won’t buy it. It’s a waste of time telling everyone walking in the store about the latest specials, promotions and new products.
That’s why digital signage systems are used. They’re silent salesmen/women. The play content in a loop, helping educate your customers, saving you endless repetition.
Planning a Digital Signage Campaign?
Have you thought of using digital signage in your business? If so, you need to plan the campaign with a marketing team so that you can deliver the right kind of content that your potential customers will be attracted to and engage with. Planning depends on the type of business you’re in.
Possible Ideas For Digital Sign Planning by industry:
- Food – Menu boards, specials, new meals, new coffees, new teas, etc
- Auto – New vehicle models, cleaning products, caring for your car, etc
- Home – New appliances, new cleaning products, new furniture, etc
- Finance – loan specials, credit facilities, raising capital, exchange rates, etc
- Travel – Packages, exciting destinations, tours, flight tickets, etc
We’ve only just touched on a few sectors of business. Your business, no matter what it is, probably markets your products and services in one way or another, so you still need to educate potential customers about your business. The best way to do it is with signage systems.
We can provide everything you need to setup a campaign, supply the equipment and install all the units, including routine maintenance of all systems. Just contact us and tell us what you have in mind. If you would like to see some of the installations we’ve already done, go to our gallery and see the completed installs.