Technology is all around you. Cell-phones, iPods, Computers, Digital Displays, Automatic Washing Machines, Automatic Gates, Alarm Systems, CCTV Cameras, Connected Cars, Connected Devices, Automated Manufacturing Lines, etc, etc. Just about everywhere you look, Tech is there.
You probably know how to turn on your device and use of a few apps daily, but what happens when the device stops working the way you expect it to?
5 Reasons to use Computer Support Services in Johannesburg
Although we will focus mainly on computer support, it is important to understand how your devices work and what to do when they don’t.
Using a computer support service offers a couple of advantages:
- Outsourced computer support staff normally have a broad understanding of computers
- You save on time, finances and training time because outsourced staff normally take care of their own training needs
- Outsourced staff normally have connections to technology vendors and often give tech products to clients at reduced prices
- You have one go to person to deal with instead of multiple vendors
- Deal with a dedicated person and reduce your frustrations
Knowledge of Computers and Computer Support
A basic understanding of computers will only get you so far. Understanding the complexity, the inner workings and how everything comes together is a much better place to start from if you want to successfully solve computer problems.
It all starts with a systematic approach to solving problems. Knowing where to begin is the first step, and most often, the first step solves 90% of problems.
This benefits a business owner because:
- You don’t have to try multiple solutions to fix a computer problem
- You have one person to call to have the problem taken care of
- The computer support person will quickly find and solve the problem
- You save time and reduce the financial effects related to lost production
- You can focus on running your business, while tech is taken care of
Outsourced Staff Training
Staff training is an ongoing thing in every business. Every time there is something new in the business, the employees involved in the new product or process must be trained to ensure that they understand how it needs to be done.
Outsourced computer staff always stay up to date with current technologies. When you hire an outsourced staff member you get to choose what qualifications you want him or her to have and you choose the one that is the best fit for your business.
Without the need to train outsourced staff:
- You save time
- You save money
- You save Human Resources for mor productive matters
- You save on Tedious paperwork because no training material needs to be created
- You choose whats best for your business
The majority of tech vendors do not sell directly to the public, but opt to rather sell through distributors or dedicated re-sellers. Many small business owners in the technology sector sign up with major tech vendors in order to make a profit from their products.
When you make use of an outsourced computer support provider, they will most likely be a re-seller to a major tech vendor or a number of them. This can only benefit you because:
- You can buy the latest software at reduced prices
- You can buy the latest computer hardware at reduced prices
- You can have all guarantees, warranties, licenses and returns handled by your computer support provider
- Your provider can source components and facilitate repairs
- Consumables can be sourced and purchased at reduced rates
Dedicated Contact Person
It can be difficult enough communicating with one person on a regular basis, but having to deal with multiple vendors and multiple people within those organizations can be a nightmare.
Outsourced computer support services rely on the fact that you get one person to deal with your business, and only additional staff if absolutely necessary.
By doing this we solve a few problems:
- One person gets to know your business inside and out
- One person for you to hold accountable
- Only one person to complete multiple tasks at once
- One person to deal with multiple Technology vendors on your behalf
- One person reporting back to your on multiple issues
All of this streamlines your business, simplifies communication and reduces wasted time and money.
If you have anything to add, please, let us know.